Stellar Horizons: Rise of Empires Apr 20, 2014 4:29:28 GMT
Post by CommanderOfGames on Apr 20, 2014 4:29:28 GMT
When the universe began, it was devoid of life; It had no stars or planets. But, bit by bit and piece by piece, they were all brought into existence. The first stars blazed forth, and the planets soon followed. Not long after, life developed and, over time, became vastly more complex - evolving from simple cells to sapient creatures. They became more intelligent, more inventive, more advanced. They left their home planets behind, and leapt out to mingle among the stars. The first among these races are what the modern galaxy would come to call the Precursors.
Why they died remains a mystery; they are gone now, and all that is left are ghostly relics, objects that might be the key to technology of unfathomable power.
These Precursors spread themselves across many worlds. Some of these worlds would go on to become host to new sapient life, propelling themselves into space to follow the paths of the Precursors; some using technology gleaned from lost relics left on their homeworlds, others advancing on their own. Many wonder now, will they die as the Precursors did? Or will they survive?
Today, the galaxy of Vanaad is filled to the brim with sapient species of wildly varying levels of advancement. Some will wage war in attempts to conquer all that stand in their path, others will seek peace and understanding between all people. Some will simply try to protect their own against those who would do them harm. Others, still, will have goals so alien we can scarcely comprehend them.
It is in this galaxy that we are born, and it is in this galaxy that we will likely die. What happens in-between is our choice, and it is what we are to be remembered for. The year is Standard Galactic Year 2287, and the galaxy is at our finger-tips. Only with intelligence, prestige and strength will we survive, rule, and flourish, in the never-ending void of space.
We have a wiki, located here: stellar-horizons.wikia.com/wiki/Stellar_Horizons_Wiki
You can gain new technologies by researching them. Researching looks like this:
Advanced Railguns: 1/15
Every time you post, you increase the number before the / by one. You may research up to two things at a time, no more. You cannot research a prerequisite technology and the technology that requires it at the same time. Techs must be approved by admins before researching.
Everybody starts with 25 military ships, 5 shipyards, and 5 Construction Craft unless you want less.
Shipyards take 40 posts to build, and you can only build them as long as you have Construction Craft. CCs take 5 posts to build and are necessary for building any orbital structure. Ships may only be built from shipyards.
- Rule 1: What administrators of the RP say, goes.
- Rule 2: No godmodding/ubering/whatever you want to call it. Exactly what this is will be determined by the administrators.
- Rule 3: No humans! This is in a different galaxy, humans do not exist here. Only exception is the Malsuth.
- Rule 4: Do not go too far with gore (no skinning people alive, no detailed torture, etc), alcohol/drugs, sexually suggestive content (no sex, if it's about to happen, fade to black), or violence.
- Rule 5: No plagiarism. Be original, do not rip content from Halo, Star Wars, Star Trek, or what-have-you.
- Rule 6: Do not harass users OOC or IC with the intent of causing them harm or driving them out of the thread.
- Rule 7: Use story style RP, not chat style. Chat style is putting actions in asterisks, *like this*. This is not acceptable.
- Rule 8: Precursor Artifacts may not be found without express permission from an admin.
- Rule 9: Use common sense.
- Rule 10: "It's not in the rules!" is not an excuse.
Max (Patrick Bateman)
[Any sheet item with a + in front of it is optional, and can be left blank if you so desire. Any sheet item with a - is required and must be filled out.]
-Psi Level: (P1-P9)
-Elemental Base: (Carbon, silicon, etc)
-Sapient: (Are they animals are not?)
-Psi Level: (P1-P9)
-Government Type: (Democracy, monarchy, etc)
+Factional Theme: (Not national anthem, just their theme song)
-Primary: (What body it orbits)
-Position: (1st planet, 2nd planet, etc)
-Approximate Size: (circumference)
-Average Temperature: (celsius)
[+Solar System Sheet+]
-Type(s): (Yellow, red dwarf, etc)
-Asteroid Belt(s): (If any)
-Solar System Age:
-Ship Type: (Frigate, destroyer, etc)
-Size: (Length, width, and height in METERS)
-Cargo Space: (cubic meters/m3)
Intro: CommanderOfGames, Aumnivers
Sheets: CommanderOfGames, Aumnivers
Ship System: CommanderOfGames, Max (Patrick Bateman), Efelix, RedDwarfIV